I will be committed to blogging, I will be committed to blogging. This has to be my mantra in order for this to work. Bear with me though, this blog is going to be a work in progress. Let me start out by saying how much I HATE spiders. If they're little tiny ones i can smash them with a shoe. Or have one of my kids do it.
No, I'm not above placing my small child in harms way (even if the harm is only percieved by me) so they can do the dirty work of extermination.
Yes, I know that every living thing is God's creation and should be treated with respect for that fact alone.
I still don't want them to exist.
At least not in a 10-foot radius around me.
This morning I was minding my own business, brushing my teeth before my husband passed out from my morning breath, and a wonderful gift decended from the heavens. NOT.
This lovely creature fell from the celing into the sink as soon as I had finished brushing my teeth. I let out a shriek, Anthony (who was all lathered up in the shower getting ready for work himself) has amazing intuition and figured out I was in severe distress (probaby from my 'AAAHHHH!! ThereIsASpiderInTheSink AndIt'sHuge ComeGetItNow PleasePleasePleasePlease HurryHurryFaster BeforeItGetsAway!!!'). He casually finishes in the shower as I give the spider a combination of the stink eye mixed with bone-shattering terror making sure it doesn't escape into some dark crevice only to re-appear as soon as I step foot in the bathroom again.
No human being should be put through situations like this. It is much too stressfull at 5:30 a.m.
Antony's answer to spiders in the sink/shower? Just rinse them down the drain. Um, I don't think so. I whole-heartedly believe that they are going to climb back up the sink and attack again. Or build nests in my hair while I sleep. They are evil and therefore can not die. Could someone please explain this to my husband??
Pray for my sanity,
Angie
No comments:
Post a Comment